(contains affiliate links)
Could you just throw a few outfits, a bathing suit, and a toothbrush in a bag and call it good when you’re heading to Disney? Sure you could! But you might find yourself wanting a few things! So I will share with you my top 7 list of things you should buy before you go to Disney World:
7. Frogg Toggs The Original Chilly Pad Cooling Towel, Sky Blue If you’re heading to the happiest place on earth when it’s hot (and let’s face it, that’s the majority of the time), you will want to invest in a Frogg Togg or two. You simply wet these handy little towels and place them on the back of your neck and you will instantly feel at least 10 degrees cooler. No joke! You can thank me later 🙂
6. Coleman 28-Can Backpack Cooler Did you know that you can take your own food and drinks into Disney parks? It’s true! While you can’t take a large cooler, or a rolling one, you can take a small soft-sided cooler in with you, filled with snacks, sandwiches, and drinks! We use a backpack cooler so it’s especially easy to tote around.
5. Anker 20100mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100 – Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad & Samsung Galaxy & More – Black You *can* buy a portable charger, called a Fuel Rod, while in the parks for $30 and then exchange it when it runs down, which sounds like a great idea. However, the capacity of the Fuel Rod is less than stellar. If you’re looking for a long-lasting portable charger that you can use outside of parks and airports, then you might want to invest in an Anker. We’ve found that they are small enough not to get in the way, but powerful enough to charge all three of our iPhones on one charge. It’s worth looking into!
4. Disney Trading Pins-Lot of 25-No Duplicates-LE-HM-Rack-Cast by Ale’x New If you’re planning on doing any pin trading, I highly recommend that you purchase your pins, before you get onto Disney property, lest you be sucked in to all things new and shiny! You can get pins online for about a buck a pin. Compared to about 5 bucks a pin inside the parks! That’s a pretty substantial savings, right?
3. Sharpie Permanent Markers, Chisel Tip, Black, 4 Count If you’re going to want to get character autographs, be sure to bring along a fat Sharpie marker. It makes it easier for the characters who have “big hands” to grip the marker!
2. 200 Glow Sticks Bulk, Glow in the Dark Party Supplies, 8″ Glowsticks Party Favors Pack With Additional 238 Connectors to Create Bracelets, Necklaces, Glow Balls, Eyeglasses and More When the sun sets, all things “glow” will appear, and your child is going to want in on the action! You can be the hero, without spending a fortune, when you whip out these fun glow sticks that can be shaped into different configurations!
1. Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 Merge Walking Shoe,Multi,9 M US Good shoes are an absolute must! My very first time at Disney World was not so magical when I ended up with painful blisters on my feet. Hobbling around = no fun! So invest in a good pair of shoes! For ladies, I recommend Go Walks by Skechers. I’ve never had a problem with these, they feel a lot like walking on a marshmallow (without the stickiness of course ;).
So there you go, 7 things to buy before you go to Disney World! Do you have other suggestions? Comment below, I’d love to hear from you! And be sure and hop on over to my Facebook page for Disney updates and great tips!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.