(this post contains affiliate links)
I’ve got some curls y’all! Super thick curls. For years I tried to straighten them, but it took about, oh, FIVE HOURS to do my hair in the morning. Ain’t nobody got time for that. So I finally resorted to just pulling it back in a messy bun, but I always felt “blah” with it like that. Then one day I decided to just embrace the curl! And I’m oh so happy that I did! It took awhile to find the perfect products though. Lots of companies “claim” to have great products for curly hair, but I’ve found that very few actually deliver. However, after much trial and error, I can say that I’ve finally found the perfect combo, and here it is!
My Top 5 List of the Best Products for Curly Hair
5. If brushing your hair (or your daughter’s hair, ahem.) leaves you in tears like it did me, then you absolutely MUST have this brush. I don’t know what its’ secret is, but it seriously glides through your hair like magic! No more tears! For real.
4. I hate tangles. In my hair, in my daughter’s hair, I just hate them. So I set out on a quest to find a really, really good detangler. I think I read every review on Amazon! The one I finally settled on was the Pantene Silkening Detangler. And it, combined with the Wet Brush, will get out even the BIGGEST tangles. Trust me on this!
3. I found this at my salon and it is fabulous. I just spray it on right before I scrunch in my mousse. It makes my hair silky, less frizzy, and protects it from UV rays.
2. I had never found a mousse that could actually hold my hair before I found this one. As mentioned, my hair is SUPER thick, so even though it’s curly, it takes some pretty serious product to hold these curls in place! Not only does the Kenra mousse hold them in place, but it doesn’t leave them crunchy or sticky. Score!
1. Last, but most definitely not least, is my most favorite product in the history of ever. This wave foam is amazeballs, y’all. I don’t have to use much at ALL to make these heavy curls stay in place. Like the Kenra mousse, it also does not leave my hair sticky or crunchy. A lot of times I will make a little “cocktail” of Kenra mousse and Curl Up and I find that they work perfectly together!
So there you go! Five of the best products for curly hair that I’ve ever found! I hope they leave your curly hair looking and feeling fabulous!
Have a magical day y’all!
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)